Welcome and enter here
The Royal Society of Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers was founded in 1896 by Alyn Williams who was the first President, a position he occupied until 1898, and then again from 1908 until 1941. The Society's Inaugural Exhibition, held in 1896 in the Modern Gallery, was the first to be devoted exclusively to contemporary miniatures and was an immediate success. King Edward VII granted the Royal Charter in 1905. In 1926 the RMS extended its welcome to other forms of miniature art. Recognition of this wider scope was officially confirmed when Sculptors and Gravers were added to its name by Royal Command of King George V.
The Society's Aims are to Esteem, Protect and Practise the traditional 16th Century art of miniature work, emphasizing the infinite patience needed for its fine techniques.
Past President Rosalind Pierson PRMS CFA(Oxon) PPHS MAA MASF