How to become a member:
Associate Member (ARMS)
Artists who are interested in becoming an Associate member of the RMS will have had 5 works accepted and shown in an annual exhibition for two consecutive years.
In the second year the Selection Committee will consider them for election to Associate Membership.
An artist wishing to be considered in their second year of submitting work, should write “CANDIDATE” at the top of their schedule.
If elected the artist will become ARMS. The Associate membership subscription will be due from the January following election.
What to do...(ARMS)
- Submit 5 pieces of work to the RMS annual exhibition
- Exhibit all 5 for a minimum of 1 year
- In your second year of submitting 5 pieces, write ‘CANDIDATE’ at the top of your entry schedule.
We compile a list of successful exhibitors for reference during the election process.
We wish you luck and look forward to seeing your work!
Full Member (RMS)
Associate members who are interested in becoming a Full Member of the RMS will have had 6 works accepted in 3 consecutive years.
6 works must be submitted and accepted in the 4th year.
An Associate Member wishing to be considered for election to full Membership should write 'CANDIDATE' at the top of the schedule.
If elected, the Associate Member will become a full Member (RMS) immediately.
What to do...(RMS)
- Submit 6 pieces of work to the RMS annual exhibition
- Exhibit all 6 for a minimum of 3 consecutive years
- In the fourth consecutive year submit 6 pieces, write ‘CANDIDATE’ at the top of your entry schedule.
We wish you luck...!
Friends of the RMS
Becoming a Friend of the RMS is a special opportunity to be involved with one of the most prestigious miniature art societies in the world, to meet artists and collectors alike with a shared love of miniature art and sculpture, and to benefit from entitlements exclusive to Friends:
· 2 Private View invitations for ‘Clients and Friends day’
· Free catalogue of the annual exhibition
· List of Artist Demonstrations during the exhibition week
· Notification of our members’ exhibitions and events throughout the year, where available
· List of members’ websites, where available
· Mailings of AGM minutes
Any involvement or help with Society affairs will be most welcome. For further information please contact:
Claire Hucker Executive Secretary, 89 Rosebery Road, Dursley, Glos, GL11 4PU.